Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Henry Clay High School, 1970

Posted on September 29, 2014 | in Uncategorized | by
Aerial photo of the new  Henry Clay High School on October 6, 1970. The school, named after the national statesman Henry Clay, is the oldest public high school in Lexington. Henry Clay High originally opened on Main Street in 1928. The school moved to its current Fontaine Road location in 1970 and underwent a complete renovation in 2006.

Aerial photo of the new Henry Clay High School on Oct. 6, 1970. The school, named after statesman and Lexingtonian Henry Clay, is the oldest public high school in Lexington. Henry Clay High originally opened on Main Street in 1928. The school moved to its current site on Fontaine Road in 1970 and underwent a complete renovation in 2006.  Photo by John C. Wyatt | Staff

TAGS: , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive