Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Central Library check-out desk, 1982

Posted on June 8, 2015 | in Uncategorized | by
The check-out desk at the Lexington's Public Library's main branch on West Second Street, Feb. 6, 1982. The library moved to its current Central Library location at 140 East Main Street in April, 1989. The new $9.4 million branch was 110,400 square feet of space, compared with the old library's 18,000 square feet. The old location, which was built with a 1902 grant from millionaire-philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, is now the Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning. Photo by Ron Garrison | staff

The check-out desk at the Lexington’s Public Library’s main branch on West Second Street, Feb. 6, 1982. The library moved to its current home, Central Library, at 140 East Main Street, in April 1989. The new $9.4 million building has 110,400 square feet of space, compared with the old library’s 18,000 square feet. The former library, which was built with a 1902 grant from millionaire-philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, is now the Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning. Photo by Ron Garrison | Staff

TAGS: , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive