Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Gratz Park Inn site, 1982

Posted on November 16, 2016 | in Uncategorized | by
The building that was to become Gratz Park Inn on North Upper Street sat empty in this November 22, 1982 photo. Developers were proposing to build a luxury hotel in what was then known as the Fuller Building. Prior to that it was the original location of the Lexington Clinic, which was founded in 1920. After the clinic moved to Harrodsburg Road in 1958, the Fuller Engineering firm occupied the building. The firm move out in 1976 and the building sat empty  until the 44-room hotel opened in July 1987. Photo by Ron Garrison | Staff

The building that was to become Gratz Park Inn on North Upper Street sat empty in this Nov. 22, 1982 photo. Developers were proposing to build a luxury hotel in what was then known as the Fuller Building. Before that it was the original location of the Lexington Clinic, which was founded in 1920. After the clinic moved to Harrodsburg Road in 1958, the Fuller Engineering firm occupied the building. The firm moved out in 1976, and the building sat empty until the 44-room hotel opened in July 1987. Click on the image to enlarge it. Photo by Ron Garrison | Staff

TAGS: , , , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive