Photos from the Lexington Herald-Leader archives updated daily

Wendy’s restaurant, 1978

Posted on February 27, 2018 | in Uncategorized | by

A Wendy’s fast food restaurant in July 1978, shortly after opening at 757 East New Circle Rd. in Lexington. It was the city’s third location for the old fashion hamburger chain that was founded in 1969 in Columbus, Ohio by Dave Thomas. The other two Lexington locations were at 1499 Boardwalk Dr., just off New Circle Rd. and 2575 Nicholasville Rd. Both of those locations are still open today. The location shown here has since closed and is now a Mexican restaurant. Today there are eight Wendy’s locations in Lexington. On the left side, in the background of the photo is Yates Elementary School. Photo by David Perry | staff file photo

TAGS: , , ,

Photo reprints


See a photo that you would like to have a reprint of? All photos that appear in this blog can be purchased from
MyCapture .

 Follow us on Twitter
@KYPhotoArchive